- Monday, 23 January 2012
Iguazú Falls is one of nature's supreme wonders and a top tourist attraction for South America.
The falls are a collection of 275 smaller falls created by Iguazú River that also forms the border between Argentina and Brazil. About 80% of the falls lie within Argentina while the remaining 20% on the Brazilian side. For the full Iguazú experience, it's recommended to view the falls from both sides. The Argentina side gives the up-close-and- personal feel, while the Brazilian side provides the more scenic view.
A train takes you from the entrance plaza to the starting point for the trails (we chose to walk from the starting point as the train had just left as we arrived). From the disembarkation point there are a few different routes that lead towards the falls through the national park. The path that leads to the popular Devil's Throat is the farthest one away.
Once done with trekking most of the trails, and sampling different views of the falls, we finished the day with a boat ride that got us very close to the mighty falls.
You are given a bag where you place your belongings. They will warn you when they get close to the water so you can put away the cameras.